Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Last Rampage Radio Show...

No, it's not an April Fools joke! Below is a playlist and link to my final Rampage Radio show. Funny enough, this would have been exactly 4 years from the date I opened the Record store back in 2008. How appropriate! Anyways, I think this was one of the best shows I've done and I encourage you to check it out. Besides the usual crazy mixture of music, there is an exclusive interview I did with Pat Obrian (Cannibal Corpse) last week.

If you are not familiar with Rampage Radio - it began in 1982 on KUSF college radio, 90.1 FM. It is the longest running Metal Radio show I know of in the USA. It was where many bands were introduced to the bay area, and in some cases, the US. Yngwie, Metallica, Mercyful Fate just to name a few. And you can look this up - it is documented out there.

I was asked by Tonus "the DJ from Hell" Atkins to join a few years back (2007 or so???) and I was flattered and honored to do it. Though it is tough staying up from 2AM to 8Am on a Sunday morning, it was worth losing my mind to a dedicated audience every few weeks. And I mean that!

Unfortunately not so long ago KUSF was sold without consulting anyone and now 90.3 is a classical station. However, as far as I know the sale has not yet been approved by the FCC - which is required for the sale to be legal and complete. For more info on this, visit savekusf.org. For the past year or so KUSF "in exile" has been operating from a make-shift studio near the Bayshore area of San Francisco and is only online at the present time.

I want to thank anyone who ever listened to any of my shows at any time and for supporting Rampage Radio in general. It's been a pleasure and an honor and who knows, maybe some day I will be on again. Most importantly, I hope you all understand how important KUSF and Rampage Radio are for San Francisco - and that you spread the word and/or support actively in some manner, the restoration of the REAL KUSF to the airwaves. I mean really, San Francisco WITHOUT a killer diverse college radio station? Man, what happened to this town???

Ok, now click below and listen to my LAST Rampage show ever!!!

Listen to it HERE

2AM
Winger - Seventeen
David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
Madam X - Reserve the Right to Rock
Steeler - Born to Rock
Stryper - Free
Richard Cheese - War Ensemble
Uriah Heep - The Wizard
Rainbow - Temple of the King
Onslaught - Flame of the Antichrist
Massacre - Mutilated
Razor - Take this Torch
Sodom - Iron Fist
Motorhead - Whiplash
Manowar - Power of the Sword

3AM
Pat Obrian (Cannibal Corpse) interview
Cannibal Corpse - Demented Aggression
Cannibal Corpse - Skewered from Ear to Ear
Cannibal Corpse - Dead Human Collection
Cannibal Corpse - gallery of suicide
Cannibal Corpse - Pulverised
Cannibal Corpse - Exorcist

4AM
Cannibal Corpse - Covered with Sores
Cannibal Corpse - A Skull Full of Maggots
Body Count - Voodoo
Mystifier - The Witch Poison Recited our gloat
Morbid Angel - World of Shit
Bethlehem - The Eleventh Commandment
Slayer - Spill the Blood
UFO - Rock Bottom (Live)

5AM
Type O Negative - Summer Breeze
Metallica - Fade to Black (slow)
Avenger - Hot and Heavy Express (slow)
Reverend Bizarre - Doomsower
Black Flag - Rise Above
Saint Vitus - The Troll
Kiss - Rockin in the USA

6AM
Mercyful Fate - Nuns have no Fun
Pagan Altar - Pagan Altar
Helstar - Face of the Wicked
Coroner - Nosferatu
Coroner - Masked Jackal
Manilla Road - Children of the Night
Rush - Anthem
Angus - Heavy Weight Warrior
Majesty - Heavy Metal Desire
Montrose - I got the Fire

7AM
Trouble - Psychotic Reaction
Ratt - You think your Tough
Isengard - I Kamp Med Kviteckrist
Dissection - Somberlain
Cirith Ungol - Black Machine
Saxon - Motorcycle Man
Heaven and Hell - Rock and Roll Angel
Insanity - Dread the Dawn
Kyuss - gardenia
Ozzy - No More Tears
Ramones - Surfin Bird
Scorpions - Virgin Killer

No comments:

Post a Comment